I just discovered that GM has an incredible wealth of resources for educators!
First, there’s Teach Green, the education blog. It is written by science and technology teachers with tips and commentary on teaching students to be environmentally literacy. As written on the website:
This section of GM Education was created as a gateway for “green” educators to share their experiences and inspirations for teaching lessons about the environment. To educate. To inspire. To, well, teach green.
You can contribute your ideas a stories by emailing Educationeditor@gmblogs.com.
Second, the general education page for GM is chalk-full of excellent resources for energy and environmental lessons for all grades:
- About GM Education Page
- Grade Appropriate Resources – Separated into K-4, 5-8, and 9-12, this section gives students, parents, and teachers resources related to energy and the environment.
- Lesson Plans – fantastic plans for teachers that are interactive and interdisciplinary in nature.
- Games include topics such as the environment, science and engineering, general knowledge, and word games.
- Teach Green – education and energy blog written by educators.
- Coloring Pages for kids related to cars, energy, the environment, and our planet.
- Photos from the 2010 Auto Shows
I am really looking forward to getting to know this resource better – I am certain that students will enjoy it as well!