As promised, I will be writing up some of the sessions I attended this past weekend…since this was my first conference as a presenter, I spent less time in sessions as usual, but I did learn quite a few new tricks!
This weekend was also exciting since the conference was held in San Francisco – thousands of science teachers in a city with a tsunami warning; I can bet lots of lesson plans were changed (including my own) to focus on the current events in Japan.
So be on the lookout for:
- Parent-teacher communication and involvement ideas
- How to host a physics-themed haunted house
- Ways to make the most of the Holt Introductory Physics textbook
- Accessing understanding of ELL students
- Skills to help ELL students understand science
- Exhibit hall highlights