It’s the end of my first two weeks and I am exhausted. Here are some of the highlights:
- I have incredible students that I miss when I’m not there.
- My schedule got changed so now I’m teaching two sections of 9th grade general science.
- On football game days, the guys aren’t allowed to wear their jerseys to school, so they ask a teacher to wear their jersey. One of my physics students gave me his; it was a huge honor because I soon realized most teachers weren’t wearing jerseys!!
- I haven’t been nearly as stressed as expected.
- I love being a high school teacher!
- When you give my kids the opportunity to use their cell phone as a tool during class, they take the responsibility seriously and don’t take advantage of you.
- I appreciate teacher friends who are optimistic and have a good sense of humor :)
- I’ve got my work cut out for me convincing teachers and students that physics isn’t only for crazy smart kids.
- I am determined to like 9th graders.
- My sarcasm level has increased exponentially since the first day of school.
- I can never get enough color or music in my classroom.
- My blood run Teachers College blue – every staff meeting I attend, I get incredibly frustrated with the satisfaction with antique ideas about education. Can’t wait to get more literacy going in my room!
I’ll try and post more regularly, but for now, I’m going to finish getting lessons ready for next week…